August 6, 2011

Women of Kitale

     Yesterday a group of girls drove to Kipsongo (a neighboring city to Kitale) and went to a place where women create and make jewelry for a living. The room was very small, but it was filled with tons of beads, from bracelets to necklaces. Each woman had her own section on the wall with a picture of herself and what she had made.  It was so special to be able to see who had created each piece of jewelry, I wanted to buy them all. The jewelry is so unique and beautiful and I am honored to be able to support four different women through my purchases. Here are a few of the women that make the beads.


     Later that same day a few of us girls went down to the Shimo women's bible study that we have been involved with for the past few months. This was my first time helping with the study and it was such a great experience. Typically there are around twenty five to fifty women that come every Friday for fellowship in the Lord. Last week the topic was how Jesus washed the feet of His disciples in John 13:1-17, and this week we enacted what Jesus did. About six of us girls knelt down to wash the womens' feet; it was an amazing feeling to not worry about my needs and just focus on what He would do for the people He loves. The women felt His blessings and His never ending love through our actions. 


     Lord, I pray your blessings over the women of Kipsongo and Shimo La Tewa. I thank you for each and every one of them that I got the chance to talk and spend time with, as well as financially support. Let them see You in me when I interact with them, let them feel loved by You. Please bless my final week here in Kenya and allow me to be Your hands and feet. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Moved.Blessing to have u around.A resident of Shimo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. where is the closest pawn shop

    ReplyDelete